Monday 16 November 2009

www.wickedeliclingerie.co.uk

THIS stunning RAF 'Sweetheart' was celebrating today after winning a £50,000 modelling contract and a starring role in a charity calendar for the armed forces.

Pretty blonde Susie Hutson, 30, triumphed over 10,000 other hopefuls to become the face and body of Wickedelic Lingerie.

The mum-of-one was chosen as one of 12 finalists and succeeded in securing the most votes online to win the contract.

Bra-vo ... Susie
Bra-vo ... Susie

Proceeds of the 2010 lingerie calendar will go towards military charities Help For Heroes and Combat Stress.

In her campaign to drum up support, Susie became the official pin-up girl for 3 Squadron based at RAF Wittering in Peterborough.

Dream

She also posed for Peterborough United FC at their London Road Stadium to encourage loyal fans to vote for her on their website.

Winning the competition has been a dream for Susie, of Peterborough, Cambs, a size 10, 34B bust beauty, who had "a run of bad luck" in the last few years.

She was left to raise her now two-year-old son Joshua, who has a hearing problem, alone when she was pregnant and was made redundant just before he was born.

Susie is now looking forward to being able to buy Joshua new books rather than second hand ones from the charity shop, and to be able to put money away for him in the future.

She said: "I wanted to turn my life around and do something for me.

"There were so many girls who entered, I didn't expect to win. I'm still in shock.

"I have always wanted to be a working mum and make my son proud.

"When I said I wanted to do modelling a lot of people told me I was too old, but that just spurred me on. You're never too old, really.

"I want to inspire mums out there to follow their dreams so they have something when the kids grow up."

Susie visited 3 Squadron at RAF Wittering recently to wish the troops well before their departure for Afghanistan.

They will be stationed there for Christmas to defend Camp Bastion.

The advance party will leave on November 28, with the main body of troops following on December 3.

Susie added: "I thought it would be great to get the forces to help me with it, and there are loads stationed near Peterborough.

"Some of the boys asked me to be the squadron sweetheart, which was an even greater honour than winning the competition."



And after years of being single, romance is blossoming for Susie with one of the boys from the base.

She said: "I met him on my second visit there and he's asked me to wait for him. I said yes straight away.

"I know it sounds cheesy but we just clicked. He's the one I've been waiting for.

"I know I'll be a blubbering mess when he goes, but I'd love to visit the troops for support when they're out there."

Based in Devon, sexy lingerie company Wickedelic is owned by an ex-Royal Marine who wants to help the armed forces.

The 2010 calendar will be available at www.wickedeliclingerie.co.uk

Would be worth contacting www.wickedeliclingerie.co.uk to see if they would be interested in sending us some of their underwear for our catwalk - and also to see if Susie would model for us

Posted by: Grace Vernon

No comments:

Post a Comment